Hi everyone! For the ones that don’t know me, my name is Christian, also known as Black Pomade, and I’ve been posting these digest in the group Ruínas for a couple of months now. Basically every week I share a list of the best events happening in Lisbon during the weekend, this time with a big change: I won’t be sharing the updates just as posts on Facebook, but from now on they will be published on the magazine Clubber Confession!
Ok, enough chitchat, let’s get started:
4. THURSDAY / May 30th
- Every month, Peekaboo Records, a well-known spot for record collectors in Lisbon, takes over the Le Baron DJ booth and invites customers and friends. This Thursday their guest will be the Half French/Half English DJ Jeff Lennon.
- This is probably the best time of the year to enjoy Latin Rhythms, Afro Beats, and Tropical Electronic music, especially if Tropical Beats & Amigos invites Larry Quest to spice up the dancefloor at Anjos70!
- One of the best record shops in town showcases their DJs (and records) in one of the best clubs: 5A. Sounds like a good plan, no?
- Last but not least, Varela and Violet, two of the most internationally talked-about Portuguese DJs, are taking control of the decks at Bar Capitão Leitão. I expect many walls to be shaking in eastern Lisbon tonight!
3. FRIDAY / May 31st
- Since 2011 the somewhat mythical DJ and collector Señor Pelota has been putting up the Mutante nights at Lounge, inviting some of the best undiscovered talents in the bizzle. This Friday he’s back with the edition number 91 inviting the designer, model and DJ Le Rockeur, known for his skills on both sides of the DJ booth.
- If you’re into Drum’n’Bass, you don’t wanna miss this one: AMEN is the annual rave dedicated to Drum’n’Bass, Jungle, and Uk Bass, with two stages, massive sound-systems, and international artists, from 11 pm at Ministerium Club.
- This Friday to french collectives are getting together at In Bloom: Brinka and The ZooKepers. They shamelessly state that their mission is to share love, good vibes, craziness, and animal Instinct through electronic music. If you feel like setting your inner wilderness free, this is the place to go.
2. SATURDAY / JUNE 1st
- O/B is back with their usual matinée dedicated to rare and unidentified grooves. This time behind the decks there will be some extra fine selectors such as Mafalda and Mário Valente.
- If you’re into records and wax and you always dreamed how it would feel like to share the best picks of your collection with a crowd, you should probably join the Lisbon open vinyl Experiment. bring your own vinyl down to play, dance, meet great people and have a good time!
- House music is the music genre I always liked the most, especially because of its message: love, brotherhood, and acceptance. In a time where hate is on the rise and differences are used to divide us, the best way to respond is by getting together and celebrate life. This Saturday I’ll give my best tribute to House music along with Heidy P. at ODD Trindade. Get down with us and jack your body!
1. SUNDAY / JUNE 2nd
- Sunday in Lisbon is the day to rest and chill out, and if it’s sunny, it should be at the beach. If you happen to be around Praia da Costa da Caparica and you’re looking for a soundtrack to enjoy the sunset, I’ll be playing some tunes at Dr. Bernard: expect a lot of Funk, Soul, and Brazilian classics!
Thanks to all the people that showed love to my previous digest, that was exactly what I needed to keep me motivated! Now you can finally share the list with your friends or spread the word if you found it useful and want to support my work. Let’s get ready for another busy weekend in Lisbon and, as always, meet you on the dancefloor!